Log in or Register

Excellent Start to the Under 18s Season Continues


K's have moved into the Third Qualifying Round of the FA Youth Cup

Kingstonian sit in second place currently in the Samba Isthmian Youth League Central Division after two wins out of two - an opening day 5-0 win over Tooting and Mitcham United was followed last week by a fabulous 2-1 home victory over Woking, and K's now sit behind Metropolitan Police in the table on goal difference.

Unfortunately, our involvement in the League Cup ended at the first hurdle as Dorking Wanderers beat us 5-1 at the Wibbandune.

However, the headlines are being gained by our current run in the FA Youth Cup. In the Preliminary Round, we defeated Corinthian-Casuals 6-0 at King George's Field and followed that up with a hard fought 1-0 win at Abbey Rangers in the First Qualifying Round.

Last night we played Raynes Park Vale in the Second Qualifying Round at the Wibbandune, and shortly before half time the score was level at 1-1 as both teams exchanged penalties - Lewis Pearch scoring after 27 minutes before Vale equalised five minutes later.

But K's led at half time in fortuitous circumstances when a goalkeeper clearance struck Lewis Pearch and rebounded into the net. The half time cup of tea worked wonders, and K's ran away with the tie in the second half.

Ollie Brown made the score 3-1 in the 64th minute before Jude Cairns added a fourth four minutes later. In the 80th minute, Brown got his second and the club's fifth and then he completed his hat-trick with a shot from outside the area in the 87th minute. Finally, just before the final whistle, Lewis Pearch completed his own hat-trick and rounded off a comprehensive (but very harsh on their opponents) 7-1 victory.

The draw for the Third (and final) Qualifying Round will be published on this website as soon as it is known.

Finally in this update, we have been drawn away to Chipstead in the Surrey U18s Midweek Cup, and this match will take place on Tuesday 29th October.

Published Thursday 3rd October 2019