Log in or Register

East Thurrock United 3-3 Kingstonian

Sean Clohessy

Six goals are shared in a crazy game.

It's difficult to work out whether to be satisfied, pleased or thoroughly annoyed by Kingstonian's 3-3 draw at East Thurrock United. After all, the hoops managed to go 0-2 down before leading 3-2 and then conceded an equaliser with three minutes remaining.

The fun began early in the piece when the Rocks took the lead in the 13th minute when Mitchell Gilbey ran past the K's defence and neatly lobbed keeper Rob Tolfrey. And then as it seemed that the visitors were getting a foothold into the game, Ben Marlow lifted a cross into the box in the 35th minute, but the ball flew over the despairing dive of Tolfrey, hit the far post and ended up in the back of the net.

K's got themselves back into the game in the 40th minute when a free kick was mis-handled by the home team goalkeeper and the rebound was belted home by Sean Clohessy.

The second half was mostly dominated by Kingstonian, and it was no shock when, in the 60th minute, the visitors were back on level terms - Eddie Dsane passed the ball through to Dan Hector, whose cross was tapped home by the scoring full back machine Clohessy.

Kingstonian then deservedly took the lead with fourteen minutes to go when an excellent move involving Aaron Lamont and Dan Hector was finished off brilliantly by Hector when he rifled his shot past the East Thurrock goalkeeper.

But just as it seemed as if Kingstonian would enjoy a fine comeback victory, the hosts got an 87th minute equaliser when they broke down the field quickly down the right, evaded all pursuers and Matthew Price slid the ball past Rob Tolfrey and into the net. There was still time for Tolfrey to make a miraculous save in the final minute but somehow the final whistle went with neither side having won the game.

K's are next in action on Tuesday night in the Surrey Senior Cup Second Round when they visit Woking for a 7.45pm kick-off.

Published Saturday 18th January 2020